No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Recipe: 

1/2 cups of butter or margarine

 

1/2 cups of milk

 

2 cups of sugar 

 

1/2 t. salt

 

1/4 cups of cocoa powder

 

1 1/2 t. vanilla

 

3 cups of quick cooking oatmeal

 

In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add milk, sugar, and cocoa. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil for about two minutes. After, turn off the heat and mix in the oatmeal, salt, and vanilla. Then, drop the mixture in rounded balls {Using cookie scoop preferably} onto wax paper or greased surface.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Stars: 5, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


My Opinion: 


     Now I get that these cookies can at first sound a bit funky, but they taste amazing! Also, you don't even have to scoop them, if you wanted you could just scoop some into a bowl and eat them fresh out of the stove. I think very highly of these because its really easy to clean up, it only takes a few minutes to prepare and make, and they taste amazing. I would definitely recommend making these but I have a few tips. 

     First, when you are adding the oatmeal you can add more then three cups, it can sound like alot but if it looks a bit runny then you can add some more. Second, make sure to not put the stove on to high of heat. Third, when you are doing the cocoa step make sure to be careful not to burn it. Fourth, when you have added the oatmeal, salt and vanilla make sure to turn off the heat, if you forget its not critical but they may taste a little bit off. And lastly, even though they are really good, make sure not to eat too much! I have learned from my mistakes...

     Anyways I hope that if you do make these cookies that you enjoy them as much as I do! I hope that you enjoyed this post and make sure to have an awesome day! - Harper 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Berry Pie + Crust Recipe